Lockdown continues in many countries around the world due to the outbreak of Kovid-19. Most private institutions, employees of multinational companies are working from home these days. In the meantime, the practice of work from home is so liked by some companies that they can adopt it forever in the coming days. Social networking site Twitter has started this. Company CEO Jack Dorsey said his employees could work from home as long as they wanted.
- Company CEO Jack Dorsey said his employees could work from home as long as they wanted.
- The company also said that if an employee wants to come to the office, he will be welcome.
- The company also cancelled several individual programs by the end of this year.
Employees need to take special care to work from an office
According to BuzzFeed’s news, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsi on Tuesday told his employees via email that employees who want to work from home are being allowed to work from home after the epidemic is over. They will be able to work from home as long as they want, they will be paid just like a normal working day. At the same time, the company also said that if an employee wants to come to the office, he will be welcome, but they have to take some special precautions in view of the coronavirus outbreak.
The company said – Can not open office before September
CEO Dorsi said that in view of the epidemic, we cannot open the Twitter office to employees before September. Apart from this, we have cancelled all the events till December this year. During this time no business trip will be done. He said that we will be planning the events in 2021 at the end of this year.
‘Work from home’ option open to about 5,000 employees
Let us know that Twitter’s main office is in San Francisco, California. In addition to San Francisco, there are also offices in Atlanta, New York, Los Angeles and several cities in the US. Twitter has a total of 35 offices in 20 countries around the world. As of December 2019, the total permanent workforce in the company is 4,900. About 5000 employees of the company will now be able to sit and work in their entire life.
Google and Facebook employees will work from home by December
Google had earlier said that its Work from the Home policy would remain in force till June 1, but it has now decided to extend it by seven months. At the same time, Facebook has said that its offices will open on July 6, but employees will continue to work from home till the end of December.
Employees will get many benefits
- Generally, employees have difficulties in establishing a balance between work life and personal life. But it will now become easier due to Lifetime Work from Home. Along with household chores, employees will be able to do office work easily.
- Companies and employees will also benefit from working from home. Additional expenses of the company, including the facilities, water, electricity bills, rent, will be saved for the employees. At the same time, from reaching the office of employees, the expenses on other activities will be saved.
- According to one study, employees work better at home than in the office. Employees take more breaks in the office. At the same time, 1.4 days a month are working more in the work frame home. Productivity has also increased.