Travel and tourism’s contribution to the world’s economy is huge. And more employment opportunities are also being created in it. According to data from the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), Travel and tourism accounted for 10.4% of global GDP in 2017, while 313 million jobs were created, which is 9.9% of total employment. Currently, the travel agency business in India is booming. More employment opportunities are being created. Speaking of India, travel and tourism can contribute up to 8% annually in GDP growth in India.
Apart from having more population in India, there is also a more tourist place due to which, more employment opportunities are being created here. Along with this, India being a beautiful tourist destination also attracts foreign tourists. And more and more foreign tourists keep coming to India. If we plan to go to a new place or roam anywhere, then we first have to worry about living and travelling etc.
Because if you want to go to any new place or honeymoon etc., then you do not have much idea about there and you have to take the trouble of living arrangements, but now to get rid of this problem, a travel agency is opened. Have been. Which gives you the facility under which you can prepare your entire program according to your budget before going anywhere.
What Is a Travel Agency?
A travel agency is a medium through which all kinds of facilities related to travelling and travelling, etc. are provided. Under this, services like train tickets, bus tickets, air tickets, car rent, bus rent, hotel booking, tour package, etc. are given. Some travel agencies also provide facilities like an air ambulance.
What Do You Need To Start Travel Agency Business?
You need to have a place to start a travel agency. If you want, you can also start at home. But if you do it in the market, then it will be better. Where your offline will also become more customers and can also do other things with them like making PAN card, Aadhaar card, applying for an online passport, etc. Apart from this, you should have a computer or laptop, printer etc., after that you will have to register the company name and get a website and mobile app made.
Required License and Registration
To start a travel business, you need to license and register some things to complete the legal process. Which are as follows
- First of all, you have to choose which type of company you are going to open, like Private Limited, LLP, OPC, or LLC.
- Apply for PAN number and GST
- Become a government recognized travel agent, accredited by the Ministry of tourism.
- Become an agent of IATA (The International air transport association). IATA is a part of World Airlines. Which operates around 240 airlines around the world which is 84% of the total air traffic.
- Register trademark.
- Become a member of the Travel Agent Association.
- Get Authorized Agency of IRCTC.
How To Take IRCTC Authorized Agency?
To get the Authorized Agency of IRCTC, first of all, go to the official site of IRCTC and register, where you will be charged 10,000 registration charges and 100 rupees of stump paper. Documents will have to be given after completing the registration process.
• Pan Card
• Address proof
• mobile number
• Valid email id
• Digital signature form
• 2 photos
• Registration Form
IRCTC’s Authorized Agency Facility
• Maximum railway ticket booking
• Air ticket booking
• Bus Ticket Booking
• Cab or taxi booking
• Tour or holiday packages
• hotel booking
• Domestic Money Transfer
• Mobile and DTH recharge
• Rail tour package operated by IRCTC
You Can Do Travel Agency Business in 3 Ways
1. Tie Up With Another Company
This is the easiest way to open a travel agency. In this, after registering your company name and making a website and after completing some legal process. You can work as a travel agent by tying up with any other big company like Make My Trip, Yatra.com, Musafir, Akbar Travel, etc. It may take you from one thousand to two thousand. Other companies get some security money at the time of tie-up. When you do business with him, your money will be made up.
In this process, all the work will be done by your company but all the management of any tourist such as travel, accommodation, travel, etc. will be done by the travel company with whom you have a tie-up. Sources of Earnings – When you book a ticket for anything from a company that is tied up with your company or a package for a tour of tourist places, you get a commission by the company.
2. Own Business Without Tying Up With Another Company
This process has its own business. It does not have to tie up with any other big companies, but it is a long process to start this business. It will also cost you more. In this process, complete management and planning have to be done by ourselves.
Prepare the complete plan in this way-
- Firstly prepare a business plan like time management, business expenses, manpower management, time management, resource management etc.
- Do market research. In which places you have to work
- If you go to places like Shimla or Kashmir or any hill station, you need to go to those places from the hotels there, from the cab company, the representative company means the company that provides the man to roam the tourist. You will have to deal with all of this.
- Contact the bus company
- Contact the car rental company
- Complete the legal process that is given above.
- Make your travel agency more and more both online and offline in the market.
How will you earn when you provide the facilities like hotel booking, bus services, car rent, etc. to the customer, you get your commission on everything. When fixing the rate with any other company, keep the rate so that you can show the customer that you are giving them a discount.
3. Taking The Franchise of Other Big Company
Franchise means doing business in the name of another big company, every big company opens its office in more cities to sell its product more and more. In such a situation, if you want, you can start a business by taking a franchise of a travel company.
It may take you 2 lakh to 10 lakh to take franchise of a company.
By working with a franchisee of a company, you get customers made by that company. The growth rate of franchisees in India is 30 to 35% per year. And the annual turnover is more than 3000 crores. To get a franchise of any company one has to follow the main conditions of the company, such as proper location, security money, business idea etc.
How To Maximize Business Travel Agency Business?
After starting any business, the biggest challenge is to move the business forward in the market by paying attention to the following things: You can increase your business-
- Highlight the discount offered by the agency on the service and tour package.
- Get more and more publicity on social media, keep yourself busy on social media.
- Customers kept on offering more and more time to time.
- Promote B2B, B2B means business to business, that means you get more and more packages sold from an agency smaller than you and from an agent.
- Keep good relationship with your customer, keep the number of all new customers who come and keep messaging them with offers etc. at the time.
- The website is well maintained, keep a good photo collection of the tourist places whose packages are selling.
Earnings From Other Sources Through This Business
• Making PAN card
• Making Aadhar Card
• Online passport application
• money transfer
• Mobile and DTH recharge
Online work related to education and jobs
You can increase your earnings by doing the appropriate tasks with your business.