Lisandro Martinez faces round two months on the sidelines having aggravated a earlier foot criticism as Manchester United’s injury-hit begin to the season continues.
There have been 16 totally different United gamers injured or ailing already this season, with seven sidelined for Saturday’s Premier League house conflict in opposition to Crystal Palace.
United full-backs Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia and Sergio Reguilon are all dominated out, with Kobbie Mainoo, Amad Diallo and Martinez additionally absent.
The Argentina defender sustained a fractured metatarsal in April’s Europa League quarter-final first leg in opposition to Sevilla, retaining him out for round two months.
Martinez is now understood to be taking a look at an identical timescale on the sidelines after United introduced a problem with the identical foot.
“Lisandro Martinez will be out of action for an extended period due to an aggravation of the foot injury he suffered in April,” the membership mentioned.
“The Argentinian defender experienced the setback in our Premier League game against Arsenal earlier this month.
“Martinez bravely continued playing for the following two games against Brighton and Bayern Munich.
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Amad Diallo
- Jadon Sancho
- Kobbie Mainoo
- Lisandro Martinez
- Luke Shaw
- Sergio Reguilon
- Tyrell Malacia
“But it has now been determined that he needs a period on the sidelines for recovery and rehabilitation. Assessment is ongoing to decide next steps.”Martinez’s absence in a intestine punch for a United aspect that may welcome again Christian Eriksen and Scott McTominay after lacking Tuesday’s 3-0 Carabao Cup win in opposition to Palace by sickness.
Ahead of internet hosting Palace once more, supervisor Erik ten Hag mentioned: “We have seen some players back on Tuesday.
“For tomorrow the players who were out of the squad for Tuesday, Scott McTominay and Christian Eriksen, they are back.”
Ten Hag just lately admitted he was involved in regards to the variety of accidents United have been choosing up at a time when there are ever-increasing calls for on elite gamers.
“We already expanded the squad this season,” he mentioned. “We had a World Cup in the middle of (last) season, so we had a longer season.
“We had to play a longer season as well because of the FA Cup (final) then nations games, so a shorter break.
“Every time the shadow is expanding, and the load on the players is just too much. It’s such a great overload.
“But many colleagues have already pointed to that, and I have pointed to that as well.
“But it kept going, we keep expanding the shadow, but anywhere it will stop and players can’t deal any more with this overload.
“I think this is what you see across many squads in this moment.”
The pressure of accidents and sickness have been compounded by the absence of Antony and Jadon Sancho.
Antony has not performed because the 3-1 loss at Arsenal on September 3, having been given a depart of absence to take care of allegations of abuse in opposition to him.
United introduced on Friday that the winger will resume coaching and is out there for choice once more as he continues to co-operate with police inquiries.
But Antony is not going to function in opposition to Palace this weekend, nor will Sancho.
Four weeks in the past the England worldwide claimed on social media that he had been made a “scapegoat” after Ten Hag mentioned he left him out of the squad for the sport at Arsenal due to poor efficiency in coaching.
United later introduced Sancho was coaching “away from the first-team group, pending resolution of a squad discipline issue”.
Ten Hag has not backed down and gave quick shrift to the most recent questions in regards to the banished winger.
“Many of you ask me so often these questions and I have said everything,” he mentioned forward of the Palace sport.
When requested how lengthy this example with Sancho can proceed, Ten Hag mentioned curtly: “What I said – I said everything.”