Farmington, March 18, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Global Textured Vegetable Protein Market Is Estimated To Be Worth USD 1.4 Billion By 2022. It Is Expected To Reach USD 1.9 Billion By 2030, At A CAGR Of 6.9% During The Forecast Period 2022-2030. Textured Vegetable Protein is a protein that comes only from plants, like peas, soybeans, wheat, and more. It is a meat alternative that is high in protein and fibre and has no fat or cholesterol. Textured veggie protein is a processed, dry, shelf-stable food that comes in granules, flakes, chunks, and other shapes. On the market, there are different kinds of textured veggie proteins. Some of these are textured soy protein, textured wheat protein, and textured pea protein. Structured veggie proteins, especially structured soy protein, are becoming more popular in the market because people want to eat healthier. The plant-based protein market is also growing because vegans who want to eat meals with a lot of protein are buying more plant-based protein.
Request Sample Copy of Report “Textured Vegetable Protein Market – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Opportunities, Future Trends, Covid-19 Impact, SWOT Analysis, Competition and Forecasts 2022 to 2030”, published by Contrive Datum Insights.
Textured Vegetable Protein Market Recent Developments:
- In November 2021, DSM acquired Vestkorn Milling, one of the largest producers of ingredients for pea and plant-based protein products. This strategic move aims to strengthen the company’s product portfolio and expertise and strengthen its global presence.
- In October 2021, Roquette Frères opened its largest pea protein plant in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba. It will help Roquettes become a global plant-based protein specialist. The facility joins facilities in France and the Netherlands that produce pea protein.
- In April 2020, ADM announced an investment to improve the processing of non-GMO soybeans at its German oilseed plants. This is part of its expansion plan to expand its differentiated product range to meet the growing and changing needs of customers.
- In November 2019, The Scoular Company selected a new location for its global headquarters in Omaha. The main objective of the company’s new location is to accommodate its strategic growth plans and provide the foundation for a diverse, dynamic and high-performance workplace.
Textured Vegetable Protein Market Dynamics:
According to the Food Science and Health Database, there are now 22 million “flexitarians” in the UK. This is not a fad diet, but a permanent way of life, especially for powerful millennials. So, the increased number of vegans and flexitarians is likely to drive the textured plant protein market over the next few years. More soybean and wheat crops are being planted in developing areas like South America and the Asia-Pacific region. This has led to the broad cultivation of soybean and wheat grains around the world, which has made soybean and wheat products like tissue plant protein available.
Textured veggie protein is hard to make because it needs to have fibers with the same texture, length, and strength as regular meat. The bulk density, form, and surface of the extrudate are also important factors that affect the quality of TVP. Changes are made to the shape and mass of plant proteins during the process of texturization by extrusion. The hardest part of this process is controlling the extrusion, because the effects of temperature, shear, and pressure all affect the shape of TVP, which affects its quality.
Extrusion technology is used to make meat replacements. This is a way of processing that gives plant-based meat products texture. High-moisture extrusion is used to make textures like meat and fish from plants. During extrusion, barrel heating and screw pressure cause both heat and mechanical stress on the proteins. The texture of the object is set by this step. Because of this, the structure of the proteins changes, making them feel like raw meat. When the shape of a protein changes, soluble or insoluble aggregates can form. By connecting a long cooling die to the end of the extruder, proteins can be lined up in the direction of flow to make an anisotropic protein network.
Soybeans, wheat, and peas have traditionally been used to get building proteins from. Textured veggie protein has mostly come from soy. Manufacturers have been looking into other sources, such as lentils, beans, oats, rice, and chia seeds. Fava beans have a lot of protein from plants and a lot of other vitamins and minerals. They also have a lot of soluble fiber, which can help your body digest food and lower your cholesterol. Fava beans also have more than 46% protein, which is an important macronutrient. Because of this, fava beans are now a great way to get textured veggie protein from a different source. VestKorn (USA) has been selling fava bean protein that has been put together.
Textured veggie proteins are made in large quantities in North America. Major ingredient companies like DuPont (US), ADM (US), Cargill (US), and CHS (US) have been improving their ability to create new products so they can offer alternatives to meat that fit with changing customer tastes in the area. Canada has been the biggest producer of peas for making pea protein, and Manitoba has a number of production units that are already open or will open soon. According to a study released by the Canadian government in 2019, pea production in the area is expected to grow by 30%, or by up to 4.7 metric tons, by 2020. On the other hand, most of the wheat and soybeans in the area come from the United States.
Buy this Premium Research [email protected]
Scope of Report:
|Growth Rate||6.9% from 2023 to 2030|
|Market Size in 2022||USD 1.4 Billion|
|Revenue Forecast by 2030||USD 1.9 Billion|
|By Type||Slices, Flakes, Chunks, Granules|
|By Applications||Meat alternatives, Meat extenders, Meat analogues, Cereals & snacks, Other applications|
|By Companies||ADM (US), Cargill (US), CHS (US), Roquette Freres (France), DuPont (US), Wilmar International (Singapore), The Scoular Company (US), Puris Foods (US), VestKorn (Norway), MGP Ingredients (US), Beneo GmbH (Germany), Shandong Yuxin Bio-Tech (China), FoodChem International (China), Shandong Wonderful Industrial Group (China), Axiom Foods (US), AGT Food & Ingredients (Canada), Sun NutraFoods (India), Crown Soya Protein Group (China), La Troja (Spain), Hung Yang Foods (Taiwan), and Others|
|Historical Year||2017 to 2021|
|Forecast Year||2023 to 2030|
Textured Vegetable Protein Market Key Segments Covered:
Top Market Players:
ADM (US), Cargill (US), CHS (US), Roquette Freres (France), DuPont (US), Wilmar International (Singapore), The Scoular Company (US), Puris Foods (US), VestKorn (Norway), MGP Ingredients (US), Beneo GmbH (Germany), Shandong Yuxin Bio-Tech (China), FoodChem International (China), Shandong Wonderful Industrial Group (China), Axiom Foods (US), AGT Food & Ingredients (Canada), Sun NutraFoods (India), Crown Soya Protein Group (China), La Troja (Spain), Hung Yang Foods (Taiwan), and Others.
Textured Vegetable Protein Market by Types:
Textured Vegetable Protein Market by Applications:
- Meat alternatives
- Meat extenders
- Meat analogues
- Cereals & snacks
- Other applications
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe: (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific: (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa: (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America: (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
Check out more related studies published by Contrive Datum Insights:
- Explosive Detectors Market – The Global Explosive Detectors market size was valued at US$ 5.97 Billion in 2022 and to reach US$11.10 Billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2023 to 2030. North America is expected to have a high rate of adoption for explosive detectors in a number of different vertical markets. The explosive detectors market in North America is growing because there are a lot of security companies and there are more and more threats.
- Green Roof Market – The Green Roof Market size was valued at USD 1.41 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach USD 5.37 Billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 16.20% from 2023 to 2030. Europe had the biggest share of the market in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.72% over the next five years. In recent years, climate change and extreme weather have made it clear to European policymakers that they need to make changes and come up with a clear plan of action to stop at least some of the effects of irresponsible human actions from happening.
- Oilfield Equipment Rental Market – The Global Oilfield Equipment Rental Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.87% from 2017 to 2022, to reach a market size of USD 20.55 billion by 2022. The oilfield equipment rental market is expected to be led by North America, which is producing more unconventional hydrocarbons than any other region. Due to the rise in oil production from both shale operations and deep-water exploration and production in the Gulf of Mexico, this area is now the new swing producer in the global oil market.
- Organic Sanitary Napkins Market – The Organic Sanitary Napkins Market share is expected to increase by USD 901.71 Million from 2022 to 2030, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 7.04% during the forecast period 2023-2030. Europe is expected to have a large share of the global market for organic sanitary napkins over the next few years. This is because more women are becoming aware of the benefits of using organic sanitary napkins.
Customization of the Report: The report can be customized as per client needs or requirements.For any queries, you can contact us on [email protected] or +1 215-297-4078. Our sales executives will be happy to understand your needs and provide you with the most suitable reports.
Contrive Datum Insights (CDI) is a global delivery partner of market intelligence and consulting services to officials at various sectors such as investment, information technology, telecommunication, consumer technology, and manufacturing markets. CDI assists investment communities, business executives, and IT professionals to undertake statistics-based accurate decisions on technology purchases and advance strong growth tactics to sustain market competitiveness. Comprising of a team size of more than 100 analysts and cumulative market experience of more than 200 years, Contrive Datum Insights guarantees the delivery of industry knowledge combined with global and country-level expertise.
Social: Facebook / LinkedIn / Twitter
Anna B. | Head Of Sales
Contrive Datum Insights
Phone: +91 9834816757 | +1 2152974078
Email: [email protected]
Contrive Datum Insights Press Releases
Latest Contrive Datum Insights Latest Reports