A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy travel industry press releases from PR Newswire, including United’s new clubs in Denver and Royal Caribbean’s adults-only escape.
NEW YORK, Sept. 15, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the travel industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- United Opens Two New Clubs in Denver, Including Its Largest Club in the World
This new, 35,000 sq.-ft. club is located in the B Concourse, providing a modern take on the United Club experience with a new feature bar offering beer flight boards to taste a seasonal rotation of premium local and craft beers.
- Royal Caribbean Reveals Hideaway Beach, the First Adults-Only Escape on Perfect Day at CocoCay
The beachfront paradise, set to open in January 2024 with the debut of the highly anticipated Icon of the Seas, is an all-day experience complete with a private beach and pools, new dedicated spots for drinks and bites, exclusive cabanas, live music and more.
- Winter Park Resort Continues to Look Ahead and Make Upgrades and Improvements for Both Employees and Guests
As the resort prepares for the 2023/24 winter season, it is completing a new 330+bed workforce housing complex that addresses critical housing needs in a big way for both the resort and the community. Winter Park is also finishing installation of a brand new six-person lift in the Vasquez Ridge area of the mountain.
- A New Chapter Unfolds: Rosewood Hotels & Resorts Enters New Zealand with the Addition of Robertson Lodges
As of December 1, 2023, Rosewood Kauri Cliffs, Rosewood Cape Kidnappers and Rosewood Matakauri will join the Rosewood portfolio. Capturing New Zealand’s unique geography, the three properties provide for the ultimate journey across the North and South Island, together offering access to its expansive coastline, rolling hills, soaring mountains and more.
- Governor Josh Green, M.D. Declares West Maui Communities to Reopen on October 8, Urges Visitors to Support Local Businesses and Workers
Hawai’i residents and visitors are encouraged to make travel plans to Maui and support the island’s businesses, restaurants, retail outlets, attractions, and accommodations. All previous restrictions for travel to West Maui communities north of Lahaina will be lifted October 8.
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali Unveils Its Breathtaking Revamp
The property stands as both a historic icon and legendary destination, dedicated to preserving its Balinese oasis and village charm while updating interiors with nautical voyage elements to embrace sustainability and history in its design ethos.
- It’s Absolutely Paw-some: K9 JETS Announces Limited-Time Route Between Los Angeles and London for the 2023 Holiday Season
Due to high demand and just in time for holiday travels, K9 JETS, the world’s first pay-per-seat pet charter service, is launching a direct route between Los Angeles and London for passengers from the City of Angels to travel in luxury with their furry friends.
- America Haunts Unveils What Makes Truly Legendary Haunted Attractions
Haunted house enthusiasts are looking for haunts with a track record of scaring the bravest of souls, as sure as the moon in the night sky. Only a few haunts rise to legendary levels and meet the steep requirements to be bestowed the status.
- WOKA Whitewater Park Announces Opening Weekend
This state-of-the-art facility is destined to become the crown jewel of outdoor adventure in the region, boasting a 1,200-foot long channel featuring eight exciting drop-features, designed to challenge and thrill kayakers, surfers, and tubers alike.
- Sonesta Announces Larimar City & Resort, a New Luxury Development in the Dominican Republic
“This development leverages two of our premier brands, The Royal Sonesta and The James, to grow our footprint in Latin America and the Caribbean, which is a strategic priority for Sonesta,” said Brian Quinn, Sonesta’s Chief Development Officer.
- Consumer Demand Sparks Royal Caribbean to Open New Icon of the Seas Vacations Early
“Families and friends are looking for vacations where everyone can make memories their way without compromise, and that’s what we set out to create in its best form with Icon more than five years ago,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International.
Read more of the latest travel-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtravel on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire® ™