Home theatre systems are a dream of a movie lover. These are integral parts of villas and penthouses and luxurious flats. With better affordability, compact size, and lower cost of projectors, the trend of home theatre systems could be no longer deemed as a ‘luxury’ as more middle-class and higher middle-class families have been buying projectors and home theatre systems.
One might wonder the reason why the home theatres have become so popular in the current times. The increased popularity of the projectors could be attributed to the innovative steps undertaken by the companies. However, there are many other reasons and purposes of home theatre systems that have led the trend in 2021. Some of the multi-purpose uses are listed as follows:
- Movie experience at home: With Covid-19 not subsiding and the theatres around the country closed; a movie buff can have the thrills and experience of the theatre at home. There is no need to wait in long lines or to queue up for popcorns. A home theatre provides an unmatched experience which is safe, especially in the current pandemic environment. This trend is only going to get stronger in the coming years.
- Inviting friends and close family to watch a game: Whether it is India playing Pakistan in a crucial cricket game or the final of IPL, a home theatre could be a reason for a friends’ reunion or an evening with family. One can cheer for his favourite team and create a stadium-like environment in the house.
- Gaming and Home Theatres: Home theatre systems are gamers’ delight. The gamers often look forward to high resolution output on big screens to have the best virtual reality experience. The home theatre system could be easily connected with PlayStation or Xbox 360 and the users could have the best experience possible while playing.
- Concerts and Music Shows: The experience of a concert or rock show could be easily recreated with the large picture output and surround sound options of home theatre. Even though the magic of a concert is not exactly replicated, it is still enjoyable and gives you another reason to have a home theatre system.
- Binge Watching: Coronavirus-related restrictions have unearthed the rich content available on Netflix and Amazon Prime (along with other streaming services). People have binge watched more than ever during the lockdowns and it has changed the overall habit of watching. Having a home theatre would just add to the overall experience of watching some of your favourite series. Imagine having a new season of your favourite series and watching it live on the home theatre. Home theatre could take your binge-watching experience to a next level.
Home theatres have been around for a while and they are here to stay. In the past few months, an average customer has shown more interest in buying projectors and sound system to set up a basic home theatre system. In 2021, the trend is only going to continue due to the multi-purpose uses of home theatres.
Article By: Mr Vijay Sharma, Country Head India, Optoma Corporation