If you want to withdraw funds from the old PF account after job change or want to transfer, the exit date will have to be updated for this. Previously, the employer could do it, now employees can update it themselves.
Procedure for updating date of exit in EPFO
People often find it difficult to withdraw funds after quitting jobs or job changes. Because until the employee’s date of exit is updated in the EPF on behalf of the company, the employee cannot withdraw money. But the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has made this process easier for its members. Now employees can update it online themselves. For this, they will not have to depend on the employer.
Under the new service of EPFO, the employee can update the date of joining and leaving the company itself. Its process is very easy. You can complete it from home by following a few steps. This will make it easier to withdraw or transfer funds.
Keep these things in mind when updating
If you update the date of exit in the EPFO system, keep in mind that it cannot be changed again and again. So during updation, check all the information properly. Apart from this, the exit date can be updated only two minutes after leaving the job. Because it will be updated only after 2 months of the last contribution of the employer in PF.
Update process online
1. To update the date of exit, you have to visit https://unifiedportalmem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
2. Then enter your UAN, password and captcha code. After doing this, a new page will open. In it, click on the ‘Manage’ tab. After this, select ‘Mark Exit’.
3. Now you will see ‘Select Employment’ dropdown. In it, choose the old PF account number which is linked to your UAN.
4. After this, details related to that account and job will be visible. Enter the date and reason for leaving the job here.
5. Then click on ‘Request OTP’. It will come OTP on your registered mobile number. After filling it, select the check box.
6. Then click on Update and OK. During this time, make sure to check all your given lives. Because it cannot be changed after updation. After this process, your date of exit will be submitted. Which will be updated automatically.
read this also :
This favorite share of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala gave 40% return in 1 year, will you get profit, know the opinion of experts