A new portal has been prepared by the Income Tax Department for the convenience of the customers. In this, you can apply for a digital copy of PAN card etc. including filing ITR.
Application for e-pan
It is very important to have a PAN card for filing ITR, etc., including the functioning of the bank, but if the PAN is lost or stolen, then you do not need to worry because by applying on the new website of the Income Tax Department. You can get instant e-PAN. However, for this you should remember your PAN number. Those who do not know the PAN number can get the e-PAN immediately through another process. So what is the application process, know the complete details.
Application process for e-PAN
1. Log on to incometax.gov.in to download e-PAN. Now click on ‘Our Services’ at the bottom left.
2. Click on ‘Instant e-PAN’ here. If you remember your PAN number, enter it and proceed.
3. Those who do not remember the PAN number can download it by entering their Aadhar card number. However, for this it is necessary to link Aadhaar with PAN.
4. Now read the terms and conditions and click on ‘Accept’ button.
5. As soon as you do this, an OTP will come on your registered mobile number, now fill it.
6. Now enter your e-mail ID in the form and after checking all the details click on submit button.
7. As soon as this is done, e-PAN i.e. Instant PAN will be sent to your e-mail ID by the Income Tax Department. You can download its PDF by e-mail.
copy will be available in 10 minutes
Instant PAN is a soft copy of the original PAN card. This is also completely valid in government works. This can be achieved within just 10 minutes of applying. You can check the status of PAN request. For this OTP authentication will be required. Instant PAN is in digital format. No fee is charged from the applicants for this. In this process, instant PAN is given through Aadhaar based e-KYC.
Also read: SBI is giving free insurance up to Rs 2 lakh to these account holders, take advantage of the scheme in this way