From April 1, air travel in the country is going to be expensive. In fact, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has increased the Airport Security Fee (ASF) in air tickets. This has been extended to both domestic and international service. Now Rs 200 will be charged as airport security fee instead of Rs 160 from domestic passengers. At the same time, it has been increased from $ 5.2 to $ 12 for international passengers.
Some travelers are exempted from this. If the child is under 2 years of age, someone has a diplomatic passport, the airline’s crew members who are on duty, and this rule will not apply to the passenger of the connecting flight. The new rate will be applicable on tickets cut from April 1, 2021. For information, let us know that airport security fees are revised every six months. In September 2020, the fee for domestic passengers was Rs 150, which was increased to Rs 160. At that time it was increased from $ 4.95 to $ 5.20 for international passengers.
Fare was also increased due to boom in ATF
Earlier, the Civil Aviation Ministry had announced a 5 per cent hike in minimum fares. In fact, the price of crude oil is continuously increasing, due to which the price of air fuel has also increased. Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri tweeted that the decision to increase the fare has been taken due to the increase in the rate of ATF. Earlier in February, the government decided to increase the price band by 10 to 30 percent. At that time, the minimum fare was increased by 10 percent and the maximum rent was increased by 30 percent.
Now 7 routes in the country based on the time taken by air travel
On 25 May 2020, the aviation ministry allowed domestic air service. At the same time, the entire route was divided into seven categories. Currently, all airlines have to sell 20 per cent of the seats for less than the average fare (minimum and maximum average).
1. The first category is up to 40 minutes of air travel. Its price band is 2200-7800 rupees.
2. The second category is 40-60 minutes. The price band for this is 2800-9800 rupees.
3. The third category is 60-90 minutes. The price band for this is 3300-11700 rupees.
4. The fourth category is of 90–120 minutes. The price band for this is Rs 3900-13000.
5. The fifth category is 120–150 minutes. The price band for this is 5000-16900 rupees.
6. The sixth category is 150–180 minutes. The price band for this is 6100 to 20400 rupees.
7. The eighth category is 180–210 minutes. The price band for this is 7200-24200 rupees.