EPFO has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with EPF account. If Aadhaar is not linked, money will not be credited in their PF account. Also, they will not be able to take advantage of other facilities.
Linking Aadhaar with EPF Account
Nowadays Aadhar Card is very important for most of the government work. Under this, the EPFO had given instructions to link the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account with Aadhaar. But the employees who have not yet linked the EPF account with Aadhaar, then they should immediately settle this work, otherwise the money will not be credited in the PF account. This can make it difficult for employees to withdraw money.
Not only this, PF account holders will not be able to file ECR (Electronic Challan cum Return) if Aadhaar is not linked with the account as this facility will be available only to those employees whose Aadhaar is linked to the account. In such cases, the employer’s contribution will not be credited in such EPF account for those whose Aadhaar is not linked or UAN Aadhaar is not verified. It is to be known that the EPFO had issued instructions saying that it has become mandatory to link Aadhaar with the account from June 1, 2021. Despite this, there are still many employees who have not completed the linking process.
EPFO while informing the employers about the new guideline to ensure Aadhar seeding in respect of all the contributory members so that they can avail all the services of EPFO without any inconvenience or interruption.
Aadhar account linking process
1. Log on to the official portal of EPFO - epfindia.gov.in – to link Aadhaar with EPF account.
2. Click on the option ‘Online Services’ and then click on ‘e-KYC Portal’ and ‘Link Aadhaar to UAN’.
3. After this enter your UAN number and registered mobile number.
4. As soon as you do this, OTP will come on your registered mobile number.
5. Now enter OTP and your 12 digit Aadhaar number and click on ‘Submit’ button.
6. Then click on ‘OTP Verify’ option and generate OTP on your registered mobile number by mail linked with your Aadhaar number for verification of your Aadhaar details.
7. On doing so, EPFO will contact your employers for authentication of your Aadhaar-EPF linking. Once the recruiter authenticates your Aadhaar seeding with your EPF account, your EPF account will be linked with your Aadhaar number.
Also read: If you want to close the PPF account before maturity, then know the rules, otherwise there may be loss