2 April 2011. Yuvraj was crying loudly on the ground. The tricolor was wrapped on Harbhajan’s body and he had tears in his eyes. There was a different kind of celebration on the streets of India. This was the moment that Sachin’s eyes were longing to see. This was the occasion when the Indian cricket team won the World Cup and the team made a round of the ground by sitting Sachin on their shoulder.
Throughout this tournament, Gambhir, Raina, Zaheer, Yuvraj, Sachin, Dhoni, Munaf Patel, Including the other players of the team, they are amazing in themselves. This victory of Team India in the true sense changed the direction of the future of Indian cricket. This is why it is not easy to translate this victory into words. So let’s re-capture that moment in our eyes and return in 2011:
1. Indian supporters at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai
2. Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara decided to bat first after winning the toss.
3. Sri Lankan batsmen had set a target of 275 runs in front of Team India.
4. India did not have a good start, the Sehwag-Sachin pair had returned for 31 runs.
5. Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli together took the team’s innings to 114 runs.
6. After Virat’s dismissal, Dhoni came and formed a century partnership with Gambhir.
7. Team India was moving towards victory, when Perera bowled Gambhir (97 runs).
8. Forwards, Yuvraj and Dhoni took the team’s innings closer to victory with their batting.
9. Finally in the 49th over, Dhoni hit a six and made India the winner of the World Cup-2011.
10. With this victory, Team India made history, in whose celebration the whole country was drowned.
11. Yuvraj was crying on the field
12. Team India dances in the joy of victory
13. Emotional Sachin hugs MS Dhoni.
14. Sachin Tendulkar with his son and daughter.
15. Sachin saluting the on-field audience
If you also have any memories or photos related to this World Cup, then share with us in the comment box below. We can make it a part of our article.