Mercedes-Benz has reshuffled its govt workforce, with Michael Schiebe taking up as head of the efficiency AMG division and Top End Vehicle group from Philipp Schiemer, who will lead a brand new Top End Customer and Community Management operate.
Schiebe is at the moment chief of workers to Mercedes CEO Ola Kallenius. He begins in his new place March 1, and can report back to Markus Schaefer, chief expertise officer.
Schiemer was named head of Mercedes-AMG in 2020 added duty for the entire Top End Vehicle group, together with Maybach and G-Class, in April 2021. He has been with Mercedes/Daimler since 1987, together with 18 years in Brazil in varied administration capabilities.
Kallenius is emphasizing gross sales of top-end autos in an effort to enhance margins. Sales within the Top End Vehicle division have been up 14 p.c in 2022 to 83,000 models, whereas total passenger automobile gross sales have been down by 1 p.c.
In addition to the change at AMG/Top End Vehicle group, Mercedes introduced different govt strikes in a information launch on Tuesday:
- Wolf-Dieter Kurz, head of product technique and steering, will depart Mercedes after 34 years. Before his appointment as head of total product technique, Kurz was accountable for the compact and SUV product group. He was additionally CEO of Mercedes-Benz Turkey.
- Oliver Thoene, head of manufacturing planning for Mercedes-Benz vehicles, will succeed Kurz.
- Thoene’s place shall be crammed by Arno van der Merwe, now CEO of Beijing Benz Automotive Company, a three way partnership with BAIC Group in China.
- In flip, Joerg Bartels, head of passenger automobile car integration, will take over Thoene’s place in China.
- Christoph Starzynski, a 2021 Automotive News Europe Eurostar and head of growth, electrical drive, will succeed Bartels. He can even assume duty for full car growth.
- Torsten Eder, head of growth, powertrain, will take over Starzynski’s electrical drive position and run the merged powertrain divisions.
- In addition, Florian Hohenwarter, now head of manufacturing for Europe/Africa, will depart Mercedes for a place at Krauss-Maffei Wegmann, a protection contractor.